How long will a beat or remix take?
- From deposit payment, I can normally turn around beats within 2-3 weeks. It largely depends on my schedule at the time. We will work to a mutually agreeable timeframe at the start of the process.
- Please include 3 song references to give creative input into the process
What information do I need to submit for a beat or remix?
- We will work together to ensure you have the beat/remix that you want.
- Please submit 3 reference songs that you like to give creative direction for the beat.
- Initial beat ideas will be emailed to you as mp3s so you can hear the direction the beat is taking.
How long does mixing and mastering take?
- This is typically faster than beat making or remixing. From receipt of your order, I can normally turn around mixes and mastering within 1 week. It largely depends on my schedule at the time. We will work to a mutually agreeable timeframe at the start of the process.
How do I submit audio stems and files for mixing/mastering?
- Please export all of the individual parts (i.e. kick, snare, hats, bass etc.) from your DAW and ensure they all start from the same place e.g. Bar 0 Beat 1
- Please send a reference track (rough mix) of your song
- Ensure that the volumes of the individual parts are similar to the reference track.
Should I remove any effects I have on my mix before I submit for mixing?
- Please remove extreme compression and limiting from the master bus and ensure there is more than 6dB of headroom (master fader peaking at a maximum of -6dB)
- Please remove reverb and delays from vocal tracks as these will be mixed from scratch
- If you have added creative effects you wish to retain on certain parts please keep them in the stems i.e. automated delays, phasers, chorus etc.
What file type do I need to send for mixing or mastering?
- Please submit 16bit or 24bit .WAV stems at 44.1kHz.
- If you work in Logic Pro X you could submit your project to work from.
What is the best way to send files for mixing or mastering?
- The easiest way to send files over is to zip them and transfer online via Google Drive, WeTransfer, Dropbox or any other similar file transfer system.
How does payment work?
- Payment will be done through either PayPal or online bank transfer.
- 50% will be paid upfront as a deposit and a further 50% upon completion of the work.